Author Topic: Welcome  (Read 27745 times)

Offline Caroline Lyons

• Administrator
    • CLICtech Internet & Computing Solutions
Welcome
« on: October 25, 2006, 01:05:41 PM »
I thought I'd start a welcome post off for everyone to make their introductions. As I've just sent out a bulk email to all my own forum members, we could be in for a sudden influx in new members. Skim is already here & I've just noticed VoG has joined us - a massive welcome VoG, your wealth of knowledge in Excel will be very much appreciated :)

For those of you who don't know me, I'm Caroline & have been in the IT industry for over 20 years. I run my own computing business and regularly contribute to PC Magazines. Not forgetting my trademark ... I still like the cider, but have switched to Strongbow now ;)

And a huge welcome to Dave, Fafnir and gerryneil - nice to see you all here ;)

Freelance IT Journalist/Tech

Offline gerryneil

• neiljones watercolours
Re: Welcome
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006, 03:35:47 PM »
Thanks for welcome (just sent my supply of calmers back now this site is up and running) ;)

Offline Dave

• digitalimaging-uk
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2006, 04:22:51 PM »
Hi all (and thanks CL),

some will know me, many will not. (previously davlam on a few forums)

I am here by invite from caroline whom i have known for a few years now. Previously and currently a member of a few forums around the place and am admin on irfanview intl forums. I also host my own photography website and global forum from my personal webserver.

I live in central scotland with the better half and oor dog called Glenn. I am currently a business systems consultant though that is all going to change soon as i've had enough of it all.

Hobbies would be photography, pc's and technology and generally being in the great outdoors.

Hope to get to know those i don't know in the future and to enhance my PC skills and maybe help others along the way.

cheers for now,

Dave

ps. where's the LOL smiliey
Founder Member : digitalimaging-uk : international photography community

Offline jim

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2006, 07:17:07 PM »
Hello folks, I'm new here but nearly old in the big wide world  :D Got a reference to here from someone in my usual group so yes you may see a large influx. There are a lot of us out there wanting to do something with the pc and not knowing what ... waiting for the grand kids to come and tune the new tele  :D Or waiting for  a site like this  ;D
cheers
jim

Offline Shadow

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2006, 07:33:58 PM »
Well I'm here too!  ;)

I've come across from Caroline's forum and frequent PCAnswers occasionally.

I've known Caroline for quite a few years now and look forward to this forum taking off as I'm sure it will be.

I'm a novice with computers compared to some people on here but always happy to help.

If anyone needs any health and fitness advice then I'm your man!  ;D

Offline Purgatory

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2006, 10:47:53 PM »
Hi all
good to see some familiar names starting to appear.... my thanks to Caroline for letting me know of this new forum.... may it be like the Pca forum in "the good old days" as has been stated elsewhere.
Purgatory
Intel Dualcore - Win 7 32 bit

Offline Caroline Lyons

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2006, 11:56:46 PM »
Hi guys and welcome to you all. No doubt a few more familiar names will appear over the coming weeks and it will be great if the old momentum and community spirit can be recaptured.

You've all been spoilt in the past with all your favourite little smileys - I'm only just getting my head around the SMF software, but we'll get there in the end ;)

Offline Spock

• Seeker after Knowledge
    • PCTalk.info
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2006, 05:48:37 AM »
Glad to see you active again Caroline! If you actually didn't want me in here, it's all Dave's fault.  :P

Hope this forum runs a little smoother than another we all know and ... know.  ;D
I know you think you understood what you think I said but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Offline Caroline Lyons

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2006, 09:50:03 AM »
Welcome Spock and nice to see meet up with you again  :)

Offline loopylou

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2006, 12:09:59 PM »
Hi All

Found the site via Daves forum  :)

I'm a bit of a computer numpty, so I'll be looking to you all for advise rather than giving any out  ;D

In the next couple of weeks I'm gonna be building a new PC for the kids xmas pressie, so might need more help than usual LOL
If you immediately know the candlelight is fire, the meal was cooked a long time ago
My Gallery

Offline Caroline Lyons

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2006, 12:52:17 PM »
Hi Loopylou and welcome  :)

Offline Dave

• digitalimaging-uk
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2006, 02:25:03 PM »
Hi All

Found the site via Daves forum  :)

I'm a bit of a computer numpty, so I'll be looking to you all for advise rather than giving any out  ;D

In the next couple of weeks I'm gonna be building a new PC for the kids xmas pressie, so might need more help than usual LOL

aarrgghhh !! i'm being followed LOL ...

glad you joined in lou ;)
Founder Member : digitalimaging-uk : international photography community

Offline VoG

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2006, 03:35:58 PM »
Hi all.

Just make sure any Excel questions are easy ones ;D

Offline Spock

• Seeker after Knowledge
    • PCTalk.info
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2006, 04:19:46 PM »
... Just make sure any Excel questions are easy ones

I submitted a fairly easy one. The only hard part for me would be redoing it so it doesn't require multiple recalcs to display the correct values.
I know you think you understood what you think I said but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Offline Emma

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2006, 04:51:55 PM »
Hi Guys
I've also come over through Caroline's forum, and others of you may know me from PC Answers and, for a while, Internet Advisor forums.

I was a bit confused when I first got in here, as the lay out is different from other forums I'm used to. The newest answer is at the top.