Poll

Are you happy with the new enhanced features and theme?

Yes, totally
10 (83.3%)
Could be improved
1 (8.3%)
No
0 (0%)
Don't mind either way
1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: New Forum  (Read 9028 times)

Offline Caroline Lyons

• Administrator
    • CLICtech Internet & Computing Solutions
Re: New Forum
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2006, 10:23:03 PM »
I applied the "Today" mod earlier last week, where "Today" is shown rather than the date. It is shown in Bold by default. I've now had a chance to look through the AdminCP in more detail and unfortunately Willabong, there's no way of changing the font to another colour. I hope this small "blip" doesn't stop you from frequenting the forum. As more mods become available, we'll always look through them to see how we can improve our community.

Freelance IT Journalist/Tech

Offline Willabong

• Childrens Illustrated Ebooks
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2006, 12:09:33 AM »
No problem, It's just that I like colour!!!!  :thumbs
Childrens Illustrated Ebooks

http://www.bluebottleexchange.com

Offline Caroline Lyons

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2006, 12:38:12 AM »
Thank you for being so understanding Willabong and for your kind words about the way we're running the forum. We put our members first and we are open to suggestions for improving what we can offer.

For the time being, the only reason we've restricted it to this one is for consistency and because it is the only one that supports all the SMF features. We felt it would be best suited to cover most members needs. Eventually, we hope we can offer our members a variety of themes that can be applied on an individual basis. We will select them carefully as in our infancy, we found limitations with other themes. It is something we'll monitor alongside new mods that become available.

Offline loopylou

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2006, 11:38:33 PM »
I know I'm a newbie compared to some, but I just like to say, I like the RSS feature a lot of forums have.  Although I very rarely have anything to add, I do like to read all the posts in the hope of learning a bit, and RSS saves me from having to log in (sometimes) several times a day to see if topics have been replied to (yes I have no life  xmas_lol).

Just a thought, and may not even be possible on this type of board, but thought I'd stick my twopenneth worth in   ;D
If you immediately know the candlelight is fire, the meal was cooked a long time ago
My Gallery

Offline Dave

• digitalimaging-uk
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2006, 05:12:27 AM »
someone's obviously spoiling you rotten with all these forum 'gadgets' louise,  xmas_wink

and yes i know what time it is ...  ::)
Founder Member : digitalimaging-uk : international photography community

Offline Caroline Lyons

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2006, 08:09:51 PM »
RSS feeds are a feature we can implement here Lou - it's something I'll look at it in the week, as I've just back this evening.

Offline loopylou

« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2006, 09:02:37 PM »
RSS feeds are a feature we can implement here Lou - it's something I'll look at it in the week, as I've just back this evening.
xmas_trio  You'll have to blame Dave, never used RSS before he put one on his forum, now I've got feeds popping up all the time  xmas_lol  Which is great, unless you're trying to watch a film  xmas_confused
If you immediately know the candlelight is fire, the meal was cooked a long time ago
My Gallery

Offline Emma

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2007, 03:54:00 PM »
Just a thought ... can you get a chat client? You can see who else is online - could be neat to be able to chat to them ...

Emma

Offline Caroline Lyons

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2007, 03:55:58 PM »
Yes, there is a chat client available Em, but from past experience wouldn't even consider installing here

Offline Emma

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2007, 04:04:29 PM »
OK, (why not?)

Do they get misued, or are they just underpowered compared to other systems?

Offline Caroline Lyons

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2007, 04:12:45 PM »
Unfortunately, yes they do - look at the outcome from the last chat that was installed on a forum :( Besides, I also feel anything that needs to be discussed privately can be done via PM. There is also a package to incorporate MSN Messenger into the forum, but don't see the need to use Nick & Joe's bandwidth when MSN can be used ;)

Offline Dave

• digitalimaging-uk
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2007, 05:52:54 PM »
if anyone wants to chat and/or verbally communicate (via skype) the you can use my forum chat room and join our skype conferences. chat link is in my site at digitalimaging-uk.co.uk and my skype addy is digitalimaging-uk. these are not public so are personally monitored by myself and my admin team so we control who is validated. (obviously cl if you feel this is inappropriate then delete this post)

Offline Caroline Lyons

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2007, 07:35:09 PM »
That's really kind of you, thanks Dave :)

Offline Dave

• digitalimaging-uk
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2007, 09:41:25 PM »
no probs cl, just one big happy family us ;)