Author Topic: Start List  (Read 396 times)

Offline william

• WILLIAM
Start List
« on: August 06, 2015, 05:37:04 PM »
When I try to move things to the start list in Windows 10 they only appear in the panel start list.How do I get them to appear in the column list where I want them.

Offline Willabong

• Childrens Illustrated Ebooks
Re: Start List
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2015, 08:48:09 AM »
There is a bug in W10 that causes this problem?
The start menu list (not panels) does not load all installed programs, some are missing from the list. A recent update (yesterday, but you need to check that it has been installed correctly, because it failed on my PC, and had to be installed again) has gone a long way to correcting this fault. Many more installed programs are now displayed on the list.
It is easy to move list items to the panels via drag and drop, But if you want to move an installed item that is missing from your Start Menu list, to that list, the only way I have found to do this is to uninstall the program you want to move to the list, then re-install the program, but even doing that is a hit and miss affair?
It seems like W10 will only record items on the Start Menu list if they are fully compatible with W10, many programs that run well on W10 are NOT!

Please remember that W10 is still a work in progress, and all these minor faults and bugs will be corrected as time goes by!
Childrens Illustrated Ebooks

http://www.bluebottleexchange.com