Author Topic: I want IE10 back again ... don't like IE11!  (Read 613 times)

Offline Rupert

I want IE10 back again ... don't like IE11!
« on: August 31, 2014, 04:39:40 PM »
Since settling in with my new computer that came with Windows 8.1 x64 bit I've been discovering some things that I used to do are now rather different in some way or other.

I find it rather irritating that Internet Explorer 11 doesn't allow you to open multiple websites and see them all as tabs across the task bar, something that I did regularly with the previous IE10.  The only way this seems to happen is when you open a link within a web page .. then it shows two or more pages without having to come out every time.

Is there a way that I can reinstate IE10 without skewing everything else in my PC?  (I currently have Google set up as my home page because that's the way I like to locate things I'm looking for).  Don't get me wrong, this is the only discernible difference between IE10 and IE11, so on every other front I'm actually not unhappy with IE11.

And while I'm at it, is it possible to revert to the previous way that .pdf files showed on screen?  I don't like the 'new' way one little bit!  Perhaps there's something within Windows 8.1 that allows one to enable the 'classic view'?

Offline Willabong

• Childrens Illustrated Ebooks
Re: I want IE10 back again ... don't like IE11!
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 08:30:06 AM »
Right click on your IE11 titlebar, select/deselect "show tabs on separate row" that should do it for you. (Taken from the Web).
Childrens Illustrated Ebooks

http://www.bluebottleexchange.com

Offline Rupert

Re: I want IE10 back again ... don't like IE11!
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 10:31:45 AM »
Thanks Willabong.

In the meantime I've discovered a perfectly satisfactory solution namely, when you right click on the Internet Explorer icon in the systems tray, one of the options revealed is to 'Open new tab' which, when clicked, brings up a new browser homepage whilst leaving any existing webpage open.

Sorted!