Author Topic: Importing VCard files to Windows Live Mail Contacts .. help, please  (Read 711 times)

Offline Rupert

Since changing my PC I now have Windows Live Mail.  All my old email folders and messages were successfully migrated by the store from the old Windows Mail (Outlook), but there remains a problem with transferring my Contacts.

Before the changeover I saved my Contacts onto an external hard drive.  They are in the format VCard Files (i.e. *****.contact).  Each one opens perfectly well when double clicked - just like any other file - and I can see that all the information is there, e.g. email address, phone number, postal address, etc.

The problem occurs when I try to import them into Windows Live Mail.  With the Contacts pane open, I click on the Import tab which reveals a small drop-down menu with the following options only:

Comma Separated Values (.CSV)
Windows Address Book (.WAB)
Business Card (.VCF)
Address book for current Windows user

Because I cannot import my Contacts at the moment, I have to look up email addresses each time and laboriously type them in.  Previously, with the Contacts being an integral part of my old Windows Mail, all I usually had to do was to type the first few letters of the intended recipient and press the tab key for the full email address to be picked up.

Does anyone know how I can import my Contacts list to the new Windows Live Mail programme that I now have?

Offline Willabong

• Childrens Illustrated Ebooks
Re: Importing VCard files to Windows Live Mail Contacts .. help, please
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 05:40:59 PM »
V Card Files are Business cards (VCF files).
Childrens Illustrated Ebooks

http://www.bluebottleexchange.com

Offline Rupert

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 05:26:37 PM »
Good grief Willabong, how do you do it!

All sorted in the blink of an eye .. many thanks as always.

Offline Willabong

• Childrens Illustrated Ebooks
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2014, 08:10:43 PM »
Glad to help! :smiley
Childrens Illustrated Ebooks

http://www.bluebottleexchange.com