Author Topic: Printer Problem  (Read 730 times)

Offline william

• WILLIAM
Printer Problem
« on: August 15, 2014, 08:21:17 AM »
Have a Epson SX515W printer I need help with please.It was working fine until I tried to fix my granddaughters Kodak printer by connecting her printer to my laptop by usb cable and downloaded a Kodak driver.When I had finished I removed said driver and then had to download my Epson driver again and that is when the problems started.Can get the printer to work using the usb cable but will not work by wireless.The Wi-Fi Ethernet light is lit on the printer module and my system is Windows 7.What I have never been able to understand is that my printer seems to have two designations,SX515W and also EPSON 8A5244.Is there a reason for this?.

Offline Willabong

• Childrens Illustrated Ebooks
Re: Printer Problem
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2014, 10:49:01 PM »
There may be a reason?

Anyway the thing to do is to uninstall all the Epson bits and pieces from your main machine, and then check your laptop for any left over Kodak files.
If you know how to clean the registry of Epson/Kodak entries, then do that, otherwise follow this advice:

Go to Computer/C Drive/Windows, then scroll down the list until you find the "regedit.exe" program and double click on it.

Click on the little arrow in front of the "HKEY_CURRENT_USER" entry to open the menu.

Click on the arrow in front of the "Software" entry to open the list.

Scroll down to the "EPSON" entry, and if you only have the one EPSON Printer/Scanner, delete the whole folder key by right clicking and choosing delete.

Close that entry, and open the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" menu in the same way as you opened the other menu.

Again open the "SOFTWARE" folder.

Scroll down to the "EPSON" entry and delete the whole thing.

Do exactly the same thing in regedit.exe on your Laptop for the "Kodak" entries if they exist?

Close regedit.

Now switch off the Wireless feature on the Laptop and reinstall everything needed, reconfigure the wireless feature and hopefully all should work again?

Any other printer drivers added to a system can end up using the same .dll files that are needed by your main printer, so when you uninstall the second printer, it will often also delete the .dll files it was using ... This can cause your main printer which relies on these files in order to work properly to fail.
Childrens Illustrated Ebooks

http://www.bluebottleexchange.com

Offline william

• WILLIAM
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 07:38:15 AM »
Have managed to get my printer up and running by wireless again after removing all traces of Epson and reinstalling from Epson's web download package,Thanks Willabong for once more dragging me out of the mire.
Regards

Offline Willabong

• Childrens Illustrated Ebooks
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2014, 08:31:33 AM »
Glad to help! :smiley
Childrens Illustrated Ebooks

http://www.bluebottleexchange.com