Author Topic: Wireless Powerline  (Read 987 times)

Offline william

• WILLIAM
Wireless Powerline
« on: October 14, 2012, 02:21:59 PM »
As my Virgin superhub is at one end of the house and computer at the other end the signal could fluctuate quite a great deal so I invested in a devolo powerline which boosted the signal up to top quality.The only problem now is that on rare occasions when I switch the computer on it fails to connect with devolo and returns to the basic Virgin superhub,even though I have placed devolo as first option in network selection.If I then switch the devolo amplifier off for a few seconds and then  switch back on my computer and devolo are back in contact again.Is there anyway of preventing this nuisance?.

Offline Nick Peers

• Administrator
    • nickpeers.com
Re: Wireless Powerline
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2012, 12:44:15 PM »
William,
          Saw your other post - are you investigating other Powerline solutions? I have three 200Mbps plugs in my house - one with the router, one for my study where the wireless signal is awful, and the third for my media centre/server PC that's in the bedroom. These require no drivers - you simply plug them in and they work using a network cable connection. Happy to recommend them if you're interested. They were the cheapest I could find with pass-through electrical sockets.
Freelance writer

Offline william

• WILLIAM
Re: Wireless Powerline
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2012, 10:10:20 AM »
Eventually I had to return the devolo powerline to PC World for a full refund due to it intermittently losing contact with the internet.Solved the original problem by resiting the router and signal strength is now excellent.