Author Topic: Desktop Wallpaper Background Slideshow  (Read 1750 times)

Offline roadster

Desktop Wallpaper Background Slideshow
« on: June 21, 2012, 03:33:36 PM »
I have a number of pictures that I would like to use as a slideshow for a desktop wallpaper background. Is this easy to achieve ?

Offline Willabong

• Childrens Illustrated Ebooks
Re: Desktop Wallpaper Background Slideshow
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 06:38:01 PM »
Yes, it can be done if you have the right software.....But be aware that all background slideshow programs use CPU to change the background.
The best solution for what (I think) you are trying to do, is to make a screensaver slideshow, and time it to start a couple of minutes after you leave the computer idle.
This way the program will only run the slideshow when you are not using the CPU. You can even make a shortcut to the slideshow and run it from the desktop at any time, this way there is no need to set a time for the slideshow to start, and it will not suddenly start when you take a breather from the PC for a couple of minutes.
Childrens Illustrated Ebooks

http://www.bluebottleexchange.com

Offline roadster

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 01:12:54 PM »
So how do I make the slideshow ?

Offline Willabong

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 11:25:44 PM »
See the first line of my last post..........Unfortunately I do not know of a free program to do what you want. I have several slideshow programs, and they all cost money.

Offline roadster

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2012, 02:18:07 PM »
Oh I see, so it can't be done manually, but with only with software.

Offline Willabong

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2012, 06:55:51 PM »
I'm not sure if Windows 7 has a built in program to create slideshows, but even if it has, it is still using software to make the finished product and to get it to run.

Offline roadster

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2012, 12:45:39 PM »
Thx for the information

Offline Nick Peers

• Administrator
    • nickpeers.com
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2012, 02:19:39 PM »
Windows 7 has built-in options for rotating desktop backgrounds and creating screensaver slideshows. Right-click the desktop and choose Personalization - click Desktop Background for the former, and Screensaver for the latter (choose Photo Gallery from the drop-down menu). Basically lump all your desired photos into a single folder, then point either setting to that folder. You then have a number of limited options - for example, how quickly to rotate the background and whether or not to select the photos in a random order - depending on the option you choose.
Freelance writer