Author Topic: Solved - Amazon Kindle App Query  (Read 1604 times)

Offline roadster

Solved - Amazon Kindle App Query
« on: November 11, 2011, 04:12:16 PM »
I have the Amazon Kindle App for my Desktop PC (which which I have numerous titles). I recently downloaded the App for my Android smartphone, and logged in. However upon logging in, I'm told that I have no titles in my library.

Shouldn't the titles within the App on my PC, also now be located/accessible from the app on my phone ?

Offline Willabong

• Childrens Illustrated Ebooks
Re: Amazon Kindle App Query
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 08:09:18 PM »
Not if you want to use the Kindle App away from the PC. There is usually a folder you can drop copies of your titles into somewhere on the Android, or you can create one, then you would have to direct the Kindle App to that folder.
Childrens Illustrated Ebooks

http://www.bluebottleexchange.com

Offline roadster

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2011, 06:17:54 PM »
So what your saying is I can't really sync between devices then, like say for example with iTunes

Offline Willabong

• Childrens Illustrated Ebooks
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2011, 10:33:40 PM »
As long as the Android is connected to the PC you should have no trouble doing that.
But in order to get your content onto your Android, you may need to contact Amazon, or ask your question on a dedicated Android forum.
Childrens Illustrated Ebooks

http://www.bluebottleexchange.com

Offline roadster

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2011, 11:39:40 AM »
Ok thanks for clarification

Offline Nick Peers

• Administrator
    • nickpeers.com
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2011, 03:51:52 PM »
They should sync - I can access the various Kindle titles I bought on a (borrowed) Kindle on my iPod touch through the official app. Might need to check you're logging in with the same Amazon account username and password on both, otherwise ask Amazon what's going on, or try Googling "Kindle app not sync android" or some variant to see what comes up.
Freelance writer

Offline roadster

Re: Solved - Amazon Kindle App Query
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2011, 05:02:50 PM »
I have now synced with my account (you need to go to archive, and this will sync in my case my mobile with my kindle titles found on my PC.  This then allows you to download whatever titles you may have in your kindle account and thus appear in your library on your other device - my android smartphone) and therefore have access to all your kindle books on both PC and my mobile.

If I end up buying a Kindle Ereader or the new Kindle fire, I will be able to sync in the same manner.

Thanks for advice

Offline Nick Peers

• Administrator
    • nickpeers.com
Re: Solved - Amazon Kindle App Query
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2011, 02:03:23 PM »
Thanks for sharing the method that works!
Freelance writer