Author Topic: Everything IPad  (Read 1332 times)

Offline roadster

Everything IPad
« on: September 28, 2011, 02:43:38 PM »
Anything people would like to discuss & share about everything IPad please post here, thanx

Offline Willabong

• Childrens Illustrated Ebooks
Re: Everything IPad
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 02:20:45 PM »
Far to expensive/Underpowered/Tied to one provider for software........Not for me! :nono
Childrens Illustrated Ebooks

http://www.bluebottleexchange.com

Offline Nick Peers

• Administrator
    • nickpeers.com
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2011, 01:57:22 PM »
I am umming and ahhing over getting one, but only for work purposes, and I'm hoping I won't need it before the iPad 3 comes out. Like many of Apple's kit, it looks great, is easy to use, but is overpriced (particularly as Apple want you moving on to the iPad 3, then the iPad 4, etc, in record time, which goes against my feelings that you should get as much life out of products as you can. Which is why my main stereo is 18 years old, my TV nine years old, and I've only owned two laptops in the last eight years too!
Freelance writer

Offline roadster

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2011, 08:04:11 PM »
Amazon Kindle Fire may well blow IPad out of the water, from what i've read

Offline Nick Peers

• Administrator
    • nickpeers.com
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2011, 11:56:26 AM »
It will give it a run for its money, but remember the Kindle Fire is basically a customised Android tablet. I suspect the two will happily co-exist for a while, with Apple continuing to milk the premium end of the market, and the Kindle mopping up the lower end.

Of course, the sad passing of Steve Jobs may change all of this - it will be interesting to see how the markets react to the fact he's no longer around in any capacity. I think Apple may have just peaked, unless it can persuade the world it was more than just one man (which it undoubtedly is, but perception is everything).
Freelance writer