Author Topic: Redten Free PC Offer  (Read 1417 times)

Offline Caroline Lyons

• Administrator
    • CLICtech Internet & Computing Solutions
Redten Free PC Offer
« on: November 14, 2006, 09:22:30 AM »
Redten Internet are offering a free PC if you take out their 8MB broadband package. Seems too good to be true, but I haven't heard anything to the contrary. The PC is basic, but does come with a 17in flat screen monitor. Take a look at the packages they're offering and free PC details HERE

Ah: found one of the drawbacks ... you're signed into a three year contract with them - but they say they'll give you another free PC in three years time - Hmmm ... I'll reserve judgement I think
Freelance IT Journalist/Tech

Offline Emma

• Global Moderator
Re: Redten Free PC Offer
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2006, 10:00:51 PM »
and their basic charge is 19,99 ...

SO, 36 months @ 20 = £720

Looking at ADSL guide, it seems that you can get a 2 MB service for around 160 a year, depending on the provider. Chances are over the 3 years the cost will drop, so call it £450 for the 3 years.

From Novatech you can get a PC - slightly better specs I think - LG monitor & XP Pro for about £640 ... so theirs does sound like it's quite good value if you've not got a PC or broadband.
Of course ... we've not got any feedback on adslguide about the reliability of RedTen's service...

Offline Caroline Lyons

• Administrator
    • CLICtech Internet & Computing Solutions
Re: Redten Free PC Offer
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2006, 11:51:00 PM »
As with everything in life, it's rare you get anything free ;)

On the same note regarding cheap PC's, I went with my cousin last week while I was at home (on the same PC World shopping trip) and found one for her in Comet as I didn't have my tools with me or enough time to build one while I was there. Here's the LINK. She included a monitor, but overall got a good system for under £600.
Freelance IT Journalist/Tech